Shopping cart software is an indispensable component of your online shopping website. Its because it can definitely help you increase your profits and make you a much better manager. But then again, you may ask, How?
Here are the 5 essential tasks of shopping cart software:
1. Pricing. One of the crucial elements of business is the price. How much should you charge for a product or service? It should not be too high that it becomes hard to sell or not too low where you are going to be earning losses instead.
A shopping cart software will make it easier for you to come up and manage the prices, especially if you have wide range of products. You can have the option to include the shipping and other miscellaneous costs to your price and allow the program to calculate everything for you based on the embedded formula. Whats more, you can monitor currency rates and their changes. This way, even if youre selling your products in a country where conversion is low, you could still be profiting something from the sale.
2. Images. This is more in relation to branding. Customers would learn to trust you a lot faster if you have proofs of your products. One way to do it is to upload their pictures in your Products Page. A shopping cart program has different kinds of layouts that you can choose from, and all of them can be used to present your images in a professional way. Almost all applications, moreover, can accept various file types of your images. You can even modify their settings, allowing customers to get a full view of the items when clicked or hovered by the cursor.
3. Payment Processing. You dont need to constantly remind your customers to pay you every time they buy something from your store. The shopping cart program can automatically reduce the amount from their credit or debit card, or even from their e-wallets. They also make use of a special system that will guarantee secured transactions to prevent unscrupulous online users and scammers from stealing credit card details. Moreover, to make it a lot easier for your customers, you can add these different kinds of payment options into your website as buttons.
4. Inventory Tracking. You can avoid having items that are out of stock. You can also prevent keeping hard-to-sell items in your inventory. A shopping cart software is equipped with an inventory tracking feature, where you can monitor any unsold items or even back orders. Just so youll remain updated, you can have out-of-stock items e-mailed into your mailbox. You can also modify the settings to allow the shopping cart program to inform you ahead for some lead time.
5. Shipping. You can actually coordinate shipped goods in FedEx or UPS to your shopping cart program. The data files can be directly downloaded into your PC and then uploaded in your application. If your customers can have individual accounts, they can also keep track of their bought items as well.